With the approval of the new “Creative Europe Program” even young street artists and all categories of cultural operators will be able to access credit for the granting of variable capital to start their own cultural activity, given exclusively by their own skills and professionalism, in the tourism, cultural and artistic sector. With this type of personal loan, you have the possibility of supporting the start-up of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises in the most varied recreational fields, financing the projects carried out directly by the recipients of the loan.
The new Creative Europe program aims to encourage partnerships with non-EU countries in the growth of programs and projects in the cultural and recreational outfit, giving real possibilities and economic means to sustain start-up costs but also a consulting service that can benefit the growth of the entrepreneurial vein, not casual, but with method: let’s see together the details of this form of facilitation, personal loan and the program to which one must adapt to receive the sum that is best suited to the realization of one’s project entrepreneurial.
Loans from the Creative Europe Program: REQUIREMENTS
The Creative Europe program, approved by the European Parliament, aims to primarily support the cultural sector, which currently represents only 7% of European GDP in Italy, with a funding program to be disbursed in the 2014-2020 period, at which can participate all the artists and operators of the tourist, artistic and cultural sector, like the creators of video games, the theater companies.
To apply for the personal loans arranged by the new Creative Europe program it is therefore necessary to have certain requisites, suitable for guaranteeing the possibility of carrying out projects in the cultural, tourist and recreational fields. In this regard they can participate :
- street artists;
- cultural operators;
- the creators of video games;
- theater companies.
The Creative Europe Program: CHARACTERISTICS
Creative Europe 2014-2020 approved by the European Parliament and the Council through the Community Program and the following actions, according to which the program will have 3 components :
- trans-sectorial component dedicated to all creative and cultural sectors ;
- cultural component dedicated to the creative and cultural sectors ;
- Media component dedicated to the audiovisual sector.
TO RECAPITULATE: REQUIREMENTS and CHARACTERISTICS
To summarize and better understand, below is a table that summarizes the essential requirements for accessing the Creative Europe program and the cultural and creative sectors touched upon in the context of granting funding:
|CREATIVE EUROPE PROGRAM: ADDRESSEES||CULTURAL SECTOR FOR FINANCING|
|VIDEO GAME IDEATORS||AUDIOVISUAL SECTOR|
|THEATER COMPANIES||AUDIOVISUAL AND CULTURAL SECTOR|
The loans of the Creative Europe Program: the PROGRAMS and the NOTICES
The funding of the new Creative Europe program also allows those who traditionally remain excluded from the facilities to access variable capital for the performance of their work, as a self-employed person. The European Union, with this program dedicated to the cultural sector, supports operators and organizations active in the fields of culture, cinema, literature, television, the arts and music, through the flagship European Capitals of Culture initiative, the European Heritage brand initiative, the European Heritage Days and the five European awards, expressed below.
The new Creative Europe program also has the full objective of helping to protect, protect and promote Europe’s cultural and linguistic diversity, providing funding precisely to facilitate the translation of texts and project content and programs, without having to produce them directly in other languages without giving value to European languages. For those wishing more information, it is also advisable to consult the calls in the dedicated site area, so as to be able to adequately assess the feasibility of the request for funding and how to start and propose the project of the activity to be carried out.
Loans from the Creative Europe Program: ELIGIBLE EXPENSES
The disbursement of the loan was approved by the European Parliament by allocating funds in the form of personal loans to all artists and cultural operators, who wish to start their own projects in the cultural field, including expenses for:
- start of projects in the tourism field;
- start of projects in the artistic field;
- creation of recreational spaces;
- dubbing and subtitling of the audio of European films in various continental languages with the aim of distributing films beyond Europe.
Loans from the Creative Europe Program: TIMES OF THE REQUEST
The funding of the new Creative Europe program will be active from January 2014, subject to the approval of the European Council, allowing the beneficiaries to access the credit, following the publication of the list of beneficiaries, directly to the European credit institutions.
The Creative Europe Program: FINANCING
As part of the Creative Europe program, which has funds for the provision of personal loans for the start-up of projects for activities by cultural operators and young artists, the financial envelope is approximately € 1,462.72 million, divided according to the diagram below:
- 56% for the MEDIA section;
- 31% for the Culture section ;
- 13% for inter-sectorial strands, including support for the ‘Creative Europe Desk’ in each participating country that have the task of providing consultancy services to the beneficiaries of the program;
- 60,000,000 USD are destined for strategic cooperation and the promotion of innovative approaches in the field of audience building and new business models, always addressing cultural operators in general.
The Creative Europe Program: FINANCING TABLE
Below is a table which summarizes the funding percentages payable based on the section to which the program or project to be started belongs:
|AREAS FOR FUNDS OF THE CREATIVE EUROPE PROGRAM||CAPABLE OF CAPITAL|
|MEDIA SECTION||56% OF FUNDS|
|CULTURE SECTION||31% OF FUNDS|
|ADVICE TO BENEFICIARIES||13% OF THE FUNDS|
|STRATEGIC COOPERATION||60,000,000 EURO|
The Creative Europe Program: the CULTURE SECTION
Under “Creative Europe 2014-2020” it is expected that the CULTURE section will support :
- around 8,000 cultural organizations;
- 250,000 artists and operators in the cultural sector.
PLEASE NOTE : all the works of artists, cultural operators, theater companies will receive support to cross the borders of their countries and gain the experience to undertake an international career, through the translation of around 4,500 books and other types of literary works necessary for the achievement of this goal.
The Creative Europe Program: the MEDIA SECTION
Under “Creative Europe 2014-2020” it is expected that the MEDIA section will support:
- distribution of more than 800 European films in the world, through traditional and / or digital platforms;
- provision of funding for professionals in the audiovisual sector ;
- promoting the development of films and other audiovisual works for cross-border distribution.
The Creative Europe Program: AWARDS
Under “Creative Europe 2014-2020” they will receive financial support under the “five European Awards” program :
- the EU / Europa Nostra Award for Conservation of Cultural Heritage;
- the EU prize for contemporary architecture;
- the national prize for literature;
- the European Border Breakers Awards;
- the MEDIA Union Prize.
The Creative Europe Program: OTHER AWARDS
The ” Five European Awards ” are added to:
- the European Capitals of Culture;
- European Heritage Label;
- European Heritage Days.
The Creative Europe Program: PARTICIPATING COUNTRIES
The Creative Europe program includes the participation of:
- EU Member States;
- Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein and Switzerland;
- countries benefiting from a pre-accession strategy and Western Balkan countries;
- countries of the European Neighborhood Area.
The Creative Europe Program: the INFORMATION VIDEO
To summarize and better understand, let’s take a look at the following video which highlights the main features of the Creative Europe program, the loans and personal loans dedicated to cultural operators and street artists : the intervention of Pier Luigi Sacco is particularly importance to understand the value of investments in the cultural sector – also through European structural funds.